Wednesday, November 3, 2010

In Memoriam



Nick Bell - #36


I express myself through music a lot. Sometimes it reflects what's inside me trying to get out, sometimes it's a reaction to the world around me, and sometimes it reflects the state of mind I am trying to attain. Rather than make a fumbling attempt at writing a eulogy for someone I didn't have the honor of knowing personally, I am going to link some songs and excerpts from the lyrics that have meaning for me in all of this. Take from it what you will.

The Bulldogs lost a dear friend on Tuesday. A brother, a son, a friend, a warrior, and a role model. Nick Bell did not deserve to lose his life so early. This blog is dedicated to the loving memory of a Bulldog taken from us too soon. You will not be forgotten Nick. Not now, not ever.



Angel - Sarah McLachlan

In the arms of an angel
Fly away from here.
From this dark cold hotel room
And the endlessness that you fear.
You are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie.
You're in the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort there...


Change - Blind Melon

And as we all play parts of tomorrow,
Some ways will work and other ways we’ll play
But I know we all can’t stay here forever,
So I want to write my words on the face of today... and then they’ll paint it.


It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday - Boyz II Men

How do I say goodbye to what we had?
The good times that made us laugh
Outweigh the bad.

I thought we'd get to see forever
But forever's gone away
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday.


Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits

Now the sun's gone to hell
And the moon's riding high.
Let me bid you farewell,
Every man has to die.
But it's written in the starlight
And every line on your palm.
We're fools to make war,
On our brothers in arms.


Lightning Crashes - Live

Lightning crashes, an old mother dies.
Her intentions fall to the floor,
The angel closes her eyes.
The confusion that was hers,
Belongs now, to the baby down the hall.


Say Hello 2 Heaven - Temple of the Dog

I, I never wanted
To write these words down for you
With the pages of phrases
Of things we'll never do.

Hey, so I blow out, out the candle and I put you to bed,
Since you can't say to me now
How the dog broke your bone.
There's just one thing left to be said,

Say, "Hello to heaven, to heaven, yeah"
Say, "Hello to heaven, to heaven, yeah"
Say, "Hello to heaven, to heaven, yeah"
Say, "Hello to heaven, to heaven, yeah"

1 comment:

  1. You should try "With Hope" by Steven Curtis Chapman...good word

    ReplyDelete