Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Day After: Alcorn

So there's not much to say here, since I did not have the benefit of recording the game Saturday (thanks Fox, you money-grubbing whores). However good friend and contributor to the House of Hooch, KOMSCUBFAN, has informed me I can catch a replay on CSS tomorrow, so I may say "I was wrong...this changes everything" but let's be honest, that's not likely to happen, now is it?

The general consensus is that we did what we were expected to do, and I agree with that to some extent. We won handily, and I don't think any but the most paranoid of fans in the stadium ever thought we were in danger of losing. We tried to give Tyler Russell of few reps, and although he connected with a couple of 20+ yard passes his performance was, on the whole, not impressive. Granted he's a red-shirt freshman and he will improve with time, but he's not as physical of shifty as Relf, so when the pocket collapses he's not going to pick up as many yards with his feet.

My disappointment in the defense really stems from vanity. I WANTED a shutout. I predicted 7-10 points. We gave them 16. A lot of credit goes to Alcorn's QB Brandon Bridge, who broke a 78 yard run on the Bulldog's D. I believe I "suggested" that Relf should be taking notes directly following that play. I will say Relf has gotten better as the season has progressed about knowing when to tuck the ball and run, but he'll never be on the level of the Michael Vick's and Tim Tebow's of the world (then again, not many of us are, for better or worse, right Vicky, you puppy-pounder? Karma is a bitch, ain't it...).

After I review the game I may amend this entry, or I may just leave it... it is, after all, just like the win. It'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment